New plants...
I received three beautiful plants the other day from some dear friends for my room at school. I absolutely love plants, and I love plants for the indoors. However, to set the stage, I'm not necessarily known for my successful green thumb. My Mom's plants always thrive the moment her hands touch them. But not me. I'm the girl who was known in Bible school for killing her Christmas Cactus. And, a couple of years ago, some friends gave me an ivy plant for my birthday -- all while solemnly saying, "This represents your Spiritual growth." Well, the little ivy seemed to flourish for a couple of weeks. But, as the weeks stretched into months, well, the plant started to not look so good. And, to my brother's horror, that which represented Emily's spiritual growth eventually died (he's never gotten over that shock). But, I am determined to start anew. I've done my research on how to care for these particular plants. I've got the ideal spots picked out of where to put them in the room so that they get the appropriate amounts of light/shade/etc. And, I solemnly promise to remember to water them...
Just as my plants need the attention that is necessary for their survival, so the inner man needs the attention that is necessary to survive. May the busyness of life never replace that which is most important -- spending time in the Presence of Jesus, His Word, and doing what it is that He tells us to do:
So, let the inner man be a tree. Keep the main thing the main thing. Abide. Let Jesus be your desire. He will satisfy you.
I hope my new plants survive...
Just as my plants need the attention that is necessary for their survival, so the inner man needs the attention that is necessary to survive. May the busyness of life never replace that which is most important -- spending time in the Presence of Jesus, His Word, and doing what it is that He tells us to do:
Blessed is the manI don't want to be as the chaff -- chaff was useless, and would be separated from the wheat and blown away by the wind during the harvest season. Rather, I want to be like the one who's delight is in the law of the Lord. I want to be as a tree planted by rivers of living water yielding fruit. I need the Holy Spirit's help.
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.
So, let the inner man be a tree. Keep the main thing the main thing. Abide. Let Jesus be your desire. He will satisfy you.
I hope my new plants survive...

2 Comments:
I've got to be like a tree, planted by the water
Trusting in the Father, to keep me strong
I've got to be like a tree, planted by the water,
trusting in the name of the Lord
I've got to be like a tree, planted by the water,
trusting in the Father to help me grow.
I've got to be like a tree, planted by the water,
trusting in the name of the Lord
The deeper the roots grow,
the better the fruits grow,
the blessings bloom out for all to see.
The deeper the roots go,
the more my life shows,
that Jesus is the Lord of me
DGD,GDA,DG,AD
G,D,AD7,G,D,EA
Wow! Thank you so much, Pastor Andy! I actually sing this song to myself quite often... how nice to have the chords that accompany it! Hope that you are doing well.
Post a Comment
<< Home