Psalm 49
This morning as I was enjoying my quiet time with the Lord, I read:
"No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him -- the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough -- that he should live on forever and not see decay. For all can see that wise men die; the foolish and the senseless alike perish and leave their wealth to others. Their tombs will remain their houses forever, their dwellings for endless generations, though they had named lands after themselves. But man, despite his riches, does not endure; he is like the beasts that perish. This is the fate of those who trust in themselves...I am so thankful for the cross. In the great mystery of the mercy of God, He killed His own Son so I, the guilty party, could have redemption. The payment of the blood is enough for my ransom. And because of that, I will live forever and I will not see decay. How my heart desires this for my many unsaved fellow University students who live in the fraternities and sororities not one street away from me. Oh, that God would draw hearts to Himself and that there would rise up such a cry and hunger for Him.
But God will redeem my life from the grave; He will surely take me to Himself."
~Psalm 49:7-13, 15

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home