On the Road of Agape

"He provided redemption for His people; He ordained His covenant forever -- holy and awesome is His name." ~Psalm 111:9

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Something I read today...

"Some of you seldom speak of the goodness of God. Why is this? I wonder how you can be so coldly quiet. 'Oh,' said one in his first love, 'I must speak or I shall burst.' We have sometimes felt the same, when restrained testimony became fire within our bones. Is it not a sacred instinct to tell what we feel within? The news is too good to keep. Indulge to the full the holy propensity of your renewed nature. Your soul says, 'Speak.' If etiquette says, 'Hush, they will think you are a fanatic,' do not regard it, but speak aloud. Let them think you are a fanatic if they please. Play the organ softly when the subject is your own praise, but when it comes to the praises of God, pull out all the stops. Thunderous music is too little for His infinite deserving."

Charles Spurgeon, The Practice of Praise, p.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home