On the Road of Agape

"He provided redemption for His people; He ordained His covenant forever -- holy and awesome is His name." ~Psalm 111:9

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Church Planting

I just returned after attending another plenary session this evening at the International Students Inc. National Conference which was held here -- our own backyard -- in Seattle, WA. What a sweet time it was sitting in the large conference room at the Hilton Hotel, which was filled with those whose passion is for the Nations, while having the privilege of listening to Global Church planter Brother David Watson share on "Church Planting in Asia." I have been challenged in my spirit.

The face of missions has changed. It is no longer a Western face. And, Brother Watson pointed out that the necessary resonse within the Church to this change must be the revolution of one's understanding, as well as one's approach to Missions and Church Planting in order to be effective Kingdom builders in the Kingdom of God worldwide. It reminded me of a book I read years ago, Revolution in World Missions by KP Yohannan, in which a similar theme is posited. Focusing his message tonight on Matthew 28:18-20, Brother Watson examined the four imperatives found in the Great Commission:

1.) Go
2.) Make Disciples
3.) Baptize
4.) Teach to Obey

It is a familiar passage. I've let it become too familiar. Tonight, though, I was challenged anew. As a system, these four imperatives have revolutionized Brother Waton's methods in Church planting around the world. A phrase he kept saying over and over again as he spoke was, "Fall in love with Jesus... disciple others to fall in love with Jesus." May it be so.

So much to prayerfully think about from tonight's word. And, I didn't even give a recap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home