There and back again...
Okay, I'm back! I just had the joy of spending the past week working again as an office runner for the Creation West Festival at the Gorge here in WA. Several of my very, very dear friends work in the offices on the Eastcoat that run the Creation festivals, and every year they all fly out here to the Westcoast to run the festival. I hadn't seen them in two years (I was gone last year), and so for me, it was a wonderful week-long reunion with some of the most dearest people on earth. Way too much fun!
Because I was the runner, though, I did spent quite a bit of time alone in the car. And, as I was driving on one of the many trips to the stores from the festival grounds and back, I was noticing the powerlines along the highway providing power to homes and businesses. I started to think about the source of power carried within those lines, how each of the poles is necessary to run the powerline to the next, and how those lines then carry the power to remote locations. As I was thinking about this, the Lord began to speak to me about powerlines in the Church. May we as believers be like those powerlines -- may we be filled with the "uncomparably great power for us who believe" of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1). May individual believers and Churches operate in unity just as those poles were dependent upon the other to carry the line further -- it wasn't a "one-pole-show" because each were necessary. And, as we walk in His ways, may the working of the Holy Spirit's power go out to the outermost parts of the world.
Because I was the runner, though, I did spent quite a bit of time alone in the car. And, as I was driving on one of the many trips to the stores from the festival grounds and back, I was noticing the powerlines along the highway providing power to homes and businesses. I started to think about the source of power carried within those lines, how each of the poles is necessary to run the powerline to the next, and how those lines then carry the power to remote locations. As I was thinking about this, the Lord began to speak to me about powerlines in the Church. May we as believers be like those powerlines -- may we be filled with the "uncomparably great power for us who believe" of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1). May individual believers and Churches operate in unity just as those poles were dependent upon the other to carry the line further -- it wasn't a "one-pole-show" because each were necessary. And, as we walk in His ways, may the working of the Holy Spirit's power go out to the outermost parts of the world.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home