On the Road of Agape

"He provided redemption for His people; He ordained His covenant forever -- holy and awesome is His name." ~Psalm 111:9

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oklahoma's decision

I think that this is a piece of news that, albeit old from last week, really is worthy of a little bit more notoriety within society. I mean, it provoked a controversy that has botanists up in arms! (Well, at least it should have botanists up in arms...) But, the week slipped by and not once did I hear anyone else mention it in conversation. In fact, everytime I brought it up last week, people either laughed or they kinda gave me the look of "you really need more to do with your time, Miss College Student." But, even in light of the criticism I have suffered through, I thought I might as well write a little something here just to put it in black and white for my own sake (but mostly for Rebekah's sake): The state of Oklahoma has named the watermelon as its official vegetable. So there you have it. Botany breaks the rules of man's assumptions regarding fruits, veggies and Veggie Tales, but this ruling has broken the rules of botany itself. The watermelon is a fruit!!! If you weren't already aware of this exciting, fascinating and very thought-provoking controversial news item, you really need to read more. Or, you could just say you first read about it here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I am so amazed and caught speechless...the watermelon, who would dah thunk? I heard it first right here!

10:34 PM  
Blogger A said...

This is outrageous! How is it that they can name a fruit as a state vegetable? I am very glad that you have brought this matter the attention it is due.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Augustina said...

Watermelon.... veggie? hmmm.... interesting.... I guess anything eatable raw is kinda both (veggies & fruits) then :)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home