World Magazine and Andree Seu
Andree Seu delivers yet another wonderful and well written article in this week's World Magazine about a part of Kingdom living that is sometime very difficult to do, but so necessary when following Jesus -- Forgiveness.
"Forgiveness is a brutal mathematical transaction done with fully engaged faculties. It's my pain instead of yours. I eat the debt. I absorb the misery I wanted to dish out on you, and you go scot-free. Beware the forgiveness that is tendered soon after injury; be suspicious. Real forgiveness needs a time lag, for it is wrought in private agony before it ever comes to public amnesty. All true acts of courage are thus done in secret....
And now the unthinkable: not only to forgive but seek the good. Nature abhors a vacuum and Jesus admits of no middle ground between hate and love. Pray for him."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home