On the Road of Agape

"He provided redemption for His people; He ordained His covenant forever -- holy and awesome is His name." ~Psalm 111:9

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Sunday, January 07, 2007

A delicious meal

The ladies of the ISI House decided to go out for Indonesian food in the Northgate area (the real deal -- not the inauthentic Americanized type) tonight before Pamela’s mom and sister fly back to Indonesia early tomorrow. Now for the record, I do really like spicy and hot food. But, the level of spice in the food we had before us this evening was beyond even that of my friend Weiping’s famous Mapo Tofu. I have a new level of appreciation and respect for Linda and Pamela, the two ladies of the house who are from Indonesia (if that were even possible – I had the highest respect for them before we went to the restaurant). The food tonight was absolutely delicious and we are definitely planning on going back again soon. For now, though, I must say that several of us are also very glad to still be alive and to have mouths that are no longer feeling the effects of lingering numbness. =) Although probably not even close to the level of spice that they are used to, I think that tonight even Miki and Twin would've been proud of me…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes..., i;m so proud of you twin...
you are my best twin ever... hihihi....
above all, you are my only twin...

from: twin...

8:42 PM  
Blogger emilymilnes said...

Awww.... thanks, Twin! You're my bestest (and only) twin also! =)
~Twin

9:13 PM  
Blogger Augustina said...

I am so proud of you, too Em..
Next, you should come over and try our cooking. :p

2:39 PM  
Blogger emilymilnes said...

You name the time and I'll be there!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home