Goodbye -- Again
This morning we had to say yet another goodbye within this week (we've had three in the past five days). This one, though, seemed to be particularly hard on all of us as Hannah Kim has lived here in the ISI house for the past eight months, during which time we have had the joy of watching transformation unfold before our eyes as she came to know Jesus and began to hunger and thirst for the things of God and His Word. As a result, there is a sense of real maturity that marks her relationship with Jesus in these short months. She is also tons of fun (she was the one who graciously aided me in my cause to reclaim the stolen snowman last November) and so very kind and hospitable to all -- we're going to miss her around here! We'll miss all of the Korean food too...
As part of her farewell to everyone at ICF last night, she and several of the Korean students sang a special song which has become a popular praise and worship song in both Korea and Japan, and after hearing them, I have a sneaking suspicion that that is what the worship in Heaven will sound like. It was later in the evening while I was leading the corporate worship (in English... hehe), though, that I was able to capture a sight of Hannah that pretty much encapsulates the whole purpose behind ICF: We were repeating the chorus to Benediction for the final time a cappella ("To God be the Glory! Now and forever! Now and forever, amen."), and as I looked over in Hannah's direction, I saw her singing with eyes closed, hands raised and tears streaming down her face.
Eight months -- and a life changed by Jesus. And now, this changed life is going back to be a blessing within her country for the sake of the Gospel. Amazing.
As we finished the song and were about to bring the evening to a close, I glanced over the room filled with staff, volunteers and other "Hannah's" -- international students, most of whom are not yet believers, but are beginning to respond to the kindness of God -- and I thought to myself: "To God be the Glory."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home